About Ivy City Co.
Ivy City Co. was founded in 2015 by dress-obsessed mothers & friends chasing the dream to create a dress brand unlike any other --- one where everyone was invited, seen, heard, and celebrated.
Creating unique quality pieces with timeless coverage is our love language. Making children's sizes so we can match our littles is the icing on the cake.
We are proud to be the first dress brand to offer over 20 sizes in a single design and are excited to continue to expand our brand in beautiful ways.
About the Role
We are on the hunt for a rockstar team-player, leader, and dress-obsessed Director of Retail. This role is expected to run the retail department and location(s) as if they were their own --- leading with exceptional customer service, store image standards, merchandise presentation, and cost controls to achieve company objectives. This role is accountable for the overall success of the retail staff and managing all day-to-day retail operations to achieve targeted productivity, sales and profitability. We are looking for this hire to hit the ground running by elevating our current retail showroom operations and owning future retail location openings.
- Source, interview, hire and onboard top talent
- Establish and maintain regular team trainings and in-field coaching to strive for 100% customer satisfaction and ultimate productivity
- Daily performance supervision and support of current and future retail employees (stylists)
- Plan and schedule staffing levels at retail locations, and optimize staffing hours
- Serve as each retail location’s main point of contact, developing relationships with in-store management, and coordinating in-store events (training, info sessions, promotions)
- Conduct field audits to ensure compliance in-store (talk tracks, merchandising, uniforms, safety, etc.)
- Track daily, weekly, monthly results and trends and communicate effectively to leadership team
- Hold daily huddle meetings and weekly 1:1’s with each staff member to track KPIs and ensure performance standards are tracking to required levels
- Oversee the planning and execution of new retail location build-outs and launches --- including the hiring and training of new staff, set-up of software, and merchandising the space.
- Ensure the Ivy Brand and customer experience is consistent across all retail experiences.
- Regularly attend all required meetings and trainings
- Maintain staff retention and ensure employee satisfaction and career growth
- Help facilitate and grow the retail department by expanding our stores
- Ability to be on-site
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 Years of direct people management experience required, with proven record of meeting team performance standards
- We need experienced, people managers who know how to coach and develop a successful team
- This role requires strong communication skills, building a thriving team culture, and passion for dresses and providing the Ivy City Co experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to create a positive team culture
- Demonstrated ability and desire to manage by coaching and motivation
- Ability to analyze and manipulate data
- Availability to work an optimized schedule including weekends, evenings and some holidays
- Flex PTO
- Health insurance benefits
- Weekly lunches on us
- Stocked break room
- Quarterly team building activities
- Employee discount
- (1) free dress of choice on your first day and on your birthday each year
How to Apply
If you're interested in joining the team, send a copy of your resume and your preferred salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org