JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are growing our team and couldn’t be more excited to invite a new dress obsessed friend into our Ivy Family!! Do you believe in fast-growing small businesses? Do you like to work with a small but close-knit team? Do you like to bring positive energy to the party? If these apply to you, keep reading.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
15-20 hrs per week // sandy, utah // hourly wage will depend upon experience
(this job is flexible with working days and hours + some work can be done from home but mostly will take place at our new sandy office)
We are on the hunt for a dress-loving Ivy City Fan who has passion and experience with fashion design. We have been busy expanding our product and size ranges and are in need of assistance to keep up with our output. This person will work directly with the Ivy Owners/Designers and Manufacturers with the sampling, production, and launch processes. This means they will see all the inner-workings of our secret sauce and will need to be trustworthy and committed to protecting our proprietary information.
- review adult and child samples and provide feedback to manufacturers to improve fit, function, aesthetic and quality as needed
- once samples are approved, create size charts based off of our existing size grading and provide to the manufacturers to begin production
- help insure our sizing is consistent across all silhouettes (if someone is a Large in one dress they are a Large in all our dresses)
- manage and upkeep sample storage and distribution
- help improve our overall pre-production and production processes
- update spreadsheets and communicate product statuses so everyone knows what is in production and when pieces will be launch-ready
- inspect product upon arrival to ensure it is up to standard and consistent with approved samples
- help name products :)
- willing to perform other related tasks upon request
- Graduated or currently enrolled in a fashion design program is ideal
- Knowledge of patterns and sewing
- Knows their way around a measuring tape
- Up-to date with current and past trends in women's fashion
- Positive attitude and works well both in an independent and team setting
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Respectful of people in other cultures
- Takes feedback and instruction well
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new softwares
- Basic math skills
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Trustworthy and reliable
HOW TO APPLY:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information ---
- a copy of your resume
- a cover letter sharing why you think you are a good fit for this role
- preferred pay range
- Please include: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT in your email subject line.
If you are a good fit we will be in contact to set up an interview.